Tuesday, May 3, 2016

I KNOW Jesus rose from the dead. Here's how I know...

"When Jesus was arrested and crucified, the disciples ran and hid. They feared for their lives. Their beloved Messiah was no deliverer after all, it seemed. No, their cherished dreams had been dashed into a thousand pieces as He died in agony on that cross. Then a few days later, something unanticipated happened, something so monumental that these same cowards became heroes overnight. They emerged BOLDLY in the public square, and under the nose of the same people in Jerusalem who had arrested and executed Jesus, they preached a risen Lord. They were given the command to cease and desist. They did not. They were thrown in jail and forbidden to speak in His name. But they choose to obey God rather than men. Later, they were flogged and beaten. Some were stoned and crucified. Others were beheaded. But nothing on earth had the power to keep them from preaching and teaching what they had seen and heard with their own eyes and ears. They were no more willing to die for a lie than you or I would be. That can mean only one thing to me."
-- Josh McDowell, Undaunted

Add to that my own personal conversion and my own encounters with God. To me, He is 100% certain. It's undeniable.

So, why don't all believe? Because, they don't want it to be true. They have a subset of data that meets what they wish to believe and have little to no intention of looking further. They have their own faith, and that faith is blind, dependent fully on subjective personal opinions and/or "experts" who have biases baked into their theories. Of course, they don't see this.

It takes humility and a willingness to follow the evidence wherever it leads us, regardless of what we want or feel.

I know my Redeemer lives. Logic and reason and history back that up, but it's rooted in my own story and experience, which began with a humble heart and a desire to seek Truth ... to seek Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment