Sunday, September 20, 2015

Concealing God

I do not hide your righteousness in my heart;
I speak of your faithfulness and salvation.
I do not conceal your love and your truth
from the great assembly.
Psalm 40:10

Do these describe your testimony?
• I "do not hide" my faith.
• I "speak of" His faithfulness and salvation often.
• I "do not conceal" His love and truth.

This culture has taught us things like, "Your faith is personal, so keep it to yourself".  We've bought into the tolerance narrative ... that statements of truth are somehow intolerant. That all beliefs are equally valid, so best not to risk offending anyone.

But the Bible says otherwise.  So, whom do you fear?  Man or God?

Lord, give me an unabashedness about sharing my faith and about You.  Clear the cultural narrative from my psyche and free me to proclaim your goodness from the mountaintop.  I desire this and ask this sincerely in Jesus name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment