Sunday, November 29, 2015

Look at a banana ...

I'm here on my back porch ... early morning time with God to read his word ... and I'm starting the day with a cup of coffee and a banana.

And I just took a moment to really think about something so simple as a banana ... something we take for granted because it is so commonplace.

But it's pretty miraculous, and is yet another indication the God is good, God is real, that He loves us, and that He is an incredible architect and engineer.

Think about the banana for a sec:
○ It's perfectly engineered, with simplicity and elegance.
○ It is easily manageable and accessible by us and the animal kingdom.
○ It is aesthetically pleasing, with a nice color and texture.
○ It is nutritious.  It is good for us.
○ And it is absolutely delicious! Heck, my favorite candy is banana flavored!

God help me to never be lured in by the silly, basic theories and "educated guesses" of this world about how this all came to be. Let me simply rest in the fact that You are sovereign, that You are the Great Creator, Architect, and Engineer of all of this

I am weak, and can be easily swayed. I need Your help. Let me simply rest on Your wisdom, Your logic, and Your reason, and not on the ever-changing sands of this world's thoughts and perspectives. I ask this in Jesus' heavenly and precious and beautiful name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment