Wednesday, November 18, 2015

My God, in whom I trust.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."  Psalm 91:1-2 (NIV)

In who (or what) do you trust?  Do you believe in safety from financial wellness? Do you believe in a given government official, a candidate, or the government overall to take care of your needs? Do you believe a man or woman, respectively, will fulfill you?  All of these things will fail you.  Count on it.

If we are not looking to God for our fulfillment, we are looking somewhere else that is infinitely less.  Unfortunately, we'll still seek these lesser things.  That's just how we are ... fallen and flawed. 

For me, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."  He is sufficient without adding anything from me, others, or this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment