Wednesday, January 13, 2016

A Drooling, Lip Smacking Desire for God

God - you are my God! I can't get enough of you! I've worked up such hunger and thirst for God, traveling across dry and weary deserts
Psalm 63:1-8

38 years in the desert for me, so I can relate. Since then, I've been in catch up mode ... not because I feel I must as punishment for "not getting it" for so long, but because I'm famished. God is too good and I want more and more. And it kills me that I still have these layers of worldly gook all over me that I can't seem to shake.

But I'm work in process. Aren't we all?

So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open, drinking in your strength and glory. In your generous love I am really living at last! My lips brim praises like fountains. I bless you every time I take a breath; My arms wave like banners of praise to you.
I eat my fill of prime rib and gravy; I smack my lips. It's time to shout praises! If I'm sleepless at midnight, I spend the hours in grateful reflection. Because you've always stood up for me, I'm free to run and play. I hold on to you for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post.
Psalm 63:3-8

No comments:

Post a Comment