Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Celebrating God by doing his work

As I sat with my kids last night for evening prayer before we hit the sack, I couldn't help but think of all the ways I'm thankful to God.

There is a certain time in history in which I was born that affords me a certain level of health. That's God's doing.

There are certain talents that God has given me that allow me to do things that many others can't. This advantage was given to me by God.

And the treasure that I have gained over my 44 years here on earth, that's from God too.

But let's be clear ... He hasn't blessed me because I'm better, or because he loves me more. He's blessed me so that I can do the job I was put on this earth to do.

So let's bless God every chance we get. Let's live and breathe God. Give him your warmest smile.

Brothers and sisters in Christ, let's get to work ... because He loves us. 

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow."

Psalm 34:1-9 (the Message)
I bless God every chance I get;
my lungs expand with his praise.
I live and breathe God;
if things are going well, hear this and be happy:
Join me in spreading the news together;
let's get the word out.
God met me more than halfway,
he freed me from my anxious fears.
Look at him; give him your warmest smile.
Never hide your feelings from him.
When I was desperate, I called out,
and God got me out of a tight spot.
God's angel sets up a circle protection around us while we pray.
Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see -- how good God is.
Blessed are you who run to him.
Worship God if you want the best;
Worship opens doors to all His goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment