Saturday, January 2, 2016

Which one are you?

There are six types of people:

1. Christ Followers. Those who know God's Truth in both their minds and hearts, and live out what they know regarding God's plan for them, and the redemptive gift that is Jesus.

2. Moderate "Christians". Those who know in their minds only, but do not know in their hearts, and subsequently do not live out what they know.

3. Mis-Understanders. Those who believe they know, but have been away from the word for so long that their understanding has been bastardized by this world, by culture, by popular opinion.

4. False-Understanders. Those who believe they know, but gained a false interpretation of what it's all about, and to this day believe that false version is what it's all about (e.g. works, controlling behavior, hate).

5. Rejectors. Those you know better, but have decided to reject it and live the life they believe they should live.  In their minds, they make a better god than God.

6. Not Yets. Those who just don't know yet. Even these people, though, have a glimmer of understanding of who He is, but have not been introduced to the full story.

Which one are you?

I find that if I'm away from the Word more than 48 hours, my mindset and perspective begins to shift. My mind begins to alter based on the input of this world. It's like a poison entering the system. The only remedy is a good dose of God's Truth through study of His word, which reminds me and returns me firmly to reality.

And this makes me think about those who believe they know, but have not been in the Word in months, years, decades ... ever. How poisoned are they? Answer: quite.

If I knew the sky was blue today, then spent a year in a culture that swore the sky was pink, I would begin to believe and/or fully believe that the sky was pink, if I did not return to truth to remind me that it is most definitely blue.  No matter how sincere the people of that culture would be that the sky was pink, the sky would still most definitely be blue. I don't believe for a moment that you are immune to this influence. Truth is truth, regardless of popular opinion.

Call to action:  Get back into the Word... consistently. Just like a New Year's resolution to get back in shape, take it slowly at first or you might burn out. If only a verse per day, followed by five minutes of contemplation, your mindset and your world will change. Make it the priority it should be. We owe God our first fruits... and that is the first fruits of our time, as well. Take the first 30 minutes of each day and dedicate them to God. You won't regret it.

My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body.
Proverbs 4:20-22

No comments:

Post a Comment