Friday, April 15, 2016

I'm Grateful, Therefore I Give ...

I am eternally thankful to God for ...
  • My wife, and how she nurtures and loves our family, and loves me unconditionally.
  • My kids, who are so unique and so beautiful and who make me laugh.
  • My health, and the health of my family.
  • For my eye sight, hearing, my sense of taste and touch.
  • The beauty of God's creation, from trees, to sparkling waters, to open fields, to canyons and mountains.
  • The feeling of a cool breeze on a warm day.
  • The taste of garlic shrimp, and bread, and ice cream, and a cold drink of water.
  • Laughter and smiles.
  • Hope, and knowing that He is in control and will make all things right.
  • The wonderful feeling it gives me to give liberally, knowing that it is all from him.
  • Seeing my kids do something that I have never been blessed to do.
  • For a seemingly infinite number of other things I'm simply not thinking of now, or that I just take for granted, I am so so thankful.

But most of all, I have eternal appreciation for what God did by sending his only begotten son to be the sacrifice that was necessary to pay for my sin, and to free me from slavery.

"When we allow God to remind us that we used to be slaves and that everything we have is by His gracious hand, it will help us to be grateful. And when we're grateful, we're generous. Genuine gratitude to God is a rare and powerful thing."
--Robert Morris, Pastor, Gateway Church

No comments:

Post a Comment