Saturday, April 16, 2016

THE way, THE truth, THE life

Thomas said to him, "Lord we don't know where you were going, so how can we know the way?" Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." John 14:5-7

Do not miss...or misunderstand...what Jesus asserted. He said he is the way, the truth and the life (emphasis added). Notice he did not say, "I am a way, one truth (among many equally valid truth claims) and an alternative version of life.

Here is an exclusive claim, the granddaddy of all declarations. If people don't like it, then their argument is with Jesus. He said what he said. He meant what he meant. Yes, the one and only way to God is a narrow way. But - halleluyah! - we have a way.

Taken from The NIV Bible for Men

No comments:

Post a Comment