Saturday, April 9, 2016

Why Hasn't God Told Me His True Purpose for Me?

"How do I know what God's will is for me?" 

Ever ask this question, then wonder why He hasn't told you yet? I know I have. But let's dissect this verse to get a clue.

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:2 NIV

Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is ...
So this ability will follow ... some obedient action on our part. 
Once you and I do it, this WILL happen. That's a promise.

So what is it that we must do for this to happen?
  1. Do not conform to the pattern of this world. Stop trying to fit in with the world. It seems we tend toward this 50/50 mix at best. 50% the pattern of this world, 50% God's pattern for us as Christians. I know I fall into this camp. Read the New Testament and you and I both know how far off the pattern we really are. We make excuses as to why, but the real reason is, we don't want to stand out THAT much.
  2. Be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Stop fighting the transformation God has in store for you. I know it may not match what you have in mind. Trust me - it doesn't matter. What he has in store for you and me through the complete renewing of our minds is SO much better.

Faith without action is dead. More of Him, less of you, me and this world.


No comments:

Post a Comment