Thursday, December 10, 2015

Grieving for Richard Dawkins

Don't worry Richard Dawkins fans, he's not dead. Well, not that I'm aware of.  

My grief comes from knowing this:  that even when he finally realized that there is a God and that Jesus Christ is his son and is also God, and is the one and only way to be saved and to be near God for eternity, what will he be up against within his microcosm of friends and supporters?

And what about a radical Muslim living square in the middle of Yemen, who came to the same realization? What will he be up against?

And how many Richard Dawkins types actually do believe in God already, but fear the opinions and ridicule of men more than they do eternity without God?  This happened with many Jews of Jesus' time, who had a lot of power, prestige, and rank in society... and were threatened with losing it all if they stated what they truly believed about Jesus as the Messiah.

I grieve for them because I've gone through it ... to a far, far lesser degree of course. My friends and family who saw the 180° change from black to white just looked at me weird, and thought that I'd just temporarily lost my mind.  I'm sure they're still waiting for me to "snap out of it".

I grieve for people like Richard Dawkins. If he hasn't already, when he realizes the truth, it will be a tough road. 

But it will be so worth it, Richard.

Fear God, not men.

No comments:

Post a Comment