Tuesday, December 8, 2015

What can man do to me? I will trust God.

The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?
Psalm 118:6

I'm not on Facebook often (although these blog posts auto-post there), but I was up there yesterday.  And I remember why I chose to stop looking.  It makes my blood boil.

One friend is squawking about women's "health" when he really means "murdering babies".  Sounds too real when you say what it really is.  Who could be against women's health?   Of course, no one with a sane mind.  But killing babies, that's different.  Very different.

Another friend talks about "gun safety" and how some just don't care about it.  I can't imagine that is the case, so they must mean something else.  And they do.  They mean, "take the guns away", but they say "gun safety".  Oy.

How can so many think in such odd ways.  And to be fair, those on the "other side" think I'm crazy for thinking the way I think, too.  The difference is this:  My thinking is not my own, and does not change with the wind and with public opinions.  Theirs moves from day to day, and from sound bite to sound bite.  They think it's "common sense" because they don't know better.

And it's no wonder.  Just watch the news.  There is a specific popular narrative that is being sold ... and people who have no objective understanding of reality and truth are lapping it up.  They have no other choice.  It's said with such feeling, and with certain well-placed words to make you believe that if you don't agree, you must be a horrible person ... a bigot ... unenlightened.  And it didn't happen over night.  It's happened little by little by little so it was hardly noticeable, except to those who are aware of the unmoving home base that is actual Truth.

It seems the world has gone crazy.  But that is the natural outcome of a move away from the "actual truth" to which I'm referring.  When you are floating on the ocean close to land, you can get your bearings easily.  But once you've drifted too far from land and can no longer see it, you have no idea where you are, and you might even start to believe there never was land in the first place.  It this "water world", everything is now possible and whoever is the best at spinning a yarn wins out.  That is what is happening today in our world.

But here's the thing.  There IS land.  And I DO know where that land is.  So, no matter how crazy this world gets, I have my bearings.  And the further they drift, the crazier I will seem to them.

It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in man.
Psalm 118:8

No comments:

Post a Comment