Wednesday, June 1, 2016

From where does your SPIRITUAL green card say you hail?

This is not my home. 

I'm not so much an American, a Texan, or even an Earthing ... 

No, my allegiance lies elsewhere. I'm simply a foreign Diplomat here for a short period of time.

I'll leave here quite soon, actually, and then I'll be home with my family where I belong. 

Hey, did you know that this is not your home either? You belong here. You have a purpose here. But this is by no means your home. You've felt it ... a longing, a gap, something missing ...

But that gap will soon be filled, but only if you want it to be filled. 

Your choice.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life? Sort of. But don't forget that you should live like this is your last day here in this foreign land.

Because you will be gone, too, quite soon. Will you go home where you have complete joy, no tears, no suffering, eternal happiness? I hope so.

My green card says, "With God (a.k.a. Heaven)". And that is where I'll live for eternity.

But while I'm here, I'll be a Diplomat for my King in this foreign land, living by His laws, following His direction. You see, while I live IN this land, I am not OF this alien land. I know this will make me look odd to those of this country who don't hail from my home. But that's okay.

This is only temporary. I can suffer anything while I'm here, as long as my eyes stay on home ... my eternal home.

Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.
1 Pe 2:11-12  (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment