Sunday, June 12, 2016

God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes so that could they could not see and ears so they could not hear, to this very day.

God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes so that could they could not see and ears so they could not hear, to this very day.
Isaiah 29:10

I will be so humble as to say, I don't know how this works, but there is something to predestination. Predestination is the idea that God has selected certain people to see the light and to be saved. Others remain with hearts hardened, blinded and deaf to the truth.

I'll be blunt, I do not want to believe this. I want to believe that everyone has a chance to be with God for eternity. I want to believe that no one is a lost cause. But the more I live as a Christian, the more it seems like predestination is just the case.

I have had myriad conversations with unbelievers who are quite bright and good people by worldly standards ... better than me in many many cases. But no logical reason seems to permeate. They believe what they want to believe and will not look into the piles of evidence for God and our faith. I always thought they wouldn't look into those things out of fear that they would be fooled or tricked, or made to look silly. That was my apprehension for a long time, so maybe I'm just projecting that on them.

There are other verses that counter this sentiment, like God desires that none should perish. So that gives me hope that there are no lost causes. But I believe that it means that those who don't want to believe will have their wish.

They are hard-hearted, stubborn and prideful. And God will not force their hand. That is not love. And God is love and does nothing that is unloving. He can only offer up the free gift of Grace. It's up to us to accept it.

I pray for the lost and blind souls. I pray for humility in their hearts ... that they not simply believe just because, but look into it and discover the mountains of evidence for the truth of Christianity. Then, upon that discovery, make the decision that will alter their destiny.

I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment