Friday, June 10, 2016

What's the best possible investment you can make? Well, I'll tell you.

My company offers up a matching program for any money I contribute to my 401k. Pretty sweet. They also offer up an employee stock ownership program that if I invest, I buy in at 15% below the 52-week low. Double sweet. And the stock is doing pretty darn well.

I have a rental house back in Georgetown what does well too. A little bit of cash flow, but the big deal is someone else is paying down my mortgage for me. In essence, I have that house for free and it's getting more valuable every day.

I'll pass on my commentary about the stock market, cuz that's not really my point.

Here's my point: None of these is the best possible investment I can make.

Any investment takes trust in the promise of a healthy return on investment. If we are fiduciarilly responsible, we will put our money - as well as our time and abilities - into what will gain us the highest yield.

So what is the greatest investment with the highest yield?

For where your treasure is, there will be your heart also. Matthew 6:21

I think you know. Reinvest the capital that had been gifted to you in His Kingdom. He's saying, "Here's a bunch of time, talent, and treasure. Let's see what you do with it. Let's see if you've been listening. Let's see if you trust me."

Do you trust that anything invested in the Kingdom will bear the greatest return?

No comments:

Post a Comment